Vice President - Network Deployment | US-based (West Coast)
Render exists to Build Networks Better.
Render is a geospatial work management software platform for telecommunications, network engineering and construction organizations. With hundreds of billions being spent on network infrastructure projects around the world over the next decade, finding new ways to maximize productivity and minimize risk has never been more critical. Render’s technology dramatically improves visibility and control of network deployments, reducing the cost and time to deploy large-scale networks across the USA, Australia and Asia.
Render has developed a set of custom GIS-centric web and mobile applications, and to help drive growth across the USA we are looking for exceptional, passionate people to join the team.
Render are currently searching for an experienced design and construction leader to join our global leadership team, and work with customers across the USA to Build Networks Better.
This role is critical to Render’s success and represents a ground-floor opportunity in a software company that’s well progressed on its mission to be the Digital Network Construction leader across a global network construction market that’s estimated to exceed $50 billion by 2025.
The ideal candidate is an experienced Outside Plant (OSP) design and construction expert that understands how fiber networks are delivered and has the knowledge, experience and energy required to lead the market to a new technology-enabled way of working.
The role you will play:
As Render’s design and construction expert, you will understand the challenges of the status-quo, educate the market and drive awareness of Render’s Digital Network Construction approach, and work with partners across North America to stand-up capability and ensure all Render projects are set up for success.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Cultivate and grow senior and technical client relationships across the deployment lifecycle;
- Champion Render’s Digital Network Construction approach across North America;
- Lead Render’s’ USA Network Deployment team, develop and oversee the implementation of network technology and strategies;
- Be a thought leader in the OSP network construction space, and possess the ability to lead both internally and with industry;
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to identify business requirements and communicate network capabilities and concepts;
- Management of key industry and customer relationships;
- Accountability for Render’s network delivery activity.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has strong experience (>10 years) in large-scale telecommunications network deployment;
- Understands GIS technology and how it is and can be applied in network design, construction and operations environments;
- Is excited about the positive impact GIS technology can have on traditional construction approaches;
- Has knowledge of Bill of Quantities/Schedule of Rates constructs and implementation approaches;
- Understands and has delivered Outside Plant (OSP) construction;
- Proven ability to communicate with influence at a team member and executive level;
- Experience and some exposure to Network Design and Management;
- Thrives working at pace in high-growth environments, and has strong analytical, relationship building and problem-solving abilities;
- Holds a tertiary qualification in engineering or a related technical discipline;
Further desirable skills, knowledge & experience:
- Experience using enterprise SaaS technology a bonus;
- Passion for all things Digital Network Construction
Who we are:
At Render, our vision to Build Networks Better and change the way large-scale networks are deployed - is core to everything we do. We are looking for a highly experienced OSP network engineer to help deliver on unprecedented demand across North America. The successful candidate will have strong technical background and experiences, be genuinely customer-centric in their thinking and approach.
We value entrepreneurial ambition and need people who are determined to change an industry.
Render presents a rare career growth opportunity to those who are driven and ready to make an impact on a high-growth global technology business.
What’s on offer:
Render is growing a company that our people are incredibly proud of. On offer are flexible working arrangements, a hugely talented and passionate group of co-workers, and the opportunity to grow your career and change a global industry.