Principal Software Engineer/Architect
Full-time Permanent role, Melbourne-based
- Fast-Growth Startup | SaaS Construction technology platform and service provider
- Global Markets
Render exists to Build Networks Better.
Render is a geospatial work management software platform for telecommunications, network engineering and construction organisations. With hundreds of billions being spent on network infrastructure projects around the world, finding new ways to maximise productivity and minimise risk has never been more critical. Render’s technology dramatically improves control of network rollouts, reducing the cost and time to deploy large-scale networks in Australia, New Zealand and US markets.
Render has developed a set of custom GIS-centric web and mobile applications, and to help drive growth and mature processes we are looking for exceptional, passionate people to join the team.
The company is growing rapidly and we are looking for great people to join the Development team.
We are currently seeking a Principal Software Engineer/Architect who is a passionate and experienced cloud-based solutions architect with the ability to both code and lead a team of developers and assist our CTO in driving Render’s technology strategy forward.
The role you will play
- Using your knowledge and passion for applying the latest technologies to drive innovation
- Working with the CTO to evolve Render’s software engineering practices and champion development initiatives
- Take on leadership responsibilities of our existing engineering team and as we grow
- Developing, testing, maintaining and supporting applications (“hands-on”)
- Supporting and learning about customer journeys, user experience and interaction design
Our ideal candidate
- Is experienced in AWS architectures and offerings
- Has a tertiary degree in computer science
- Can work with customers and colleagues on requirements gathering and business analysis
- Is experienced in “full stack” web application development
- Is experienced in relational databases and SQL queries, along with a familiarity in ORM and NoSQL concepts
- Has a “can do” attitude and aspires to be a senior technology leader in a global context
- Has strong communication and problem solving skills
Further desirable skills knowledge & experience:
- Experienced in geospatial data concepts, formats and tools
- Experienced in mobile application development
- Experienced in DevOps
- Experienced in UX design, CX and interaction design
What's on offer
Render is building a business that Australia can be proud of. On offer is a home-base with lots of natural light, flexible working arrangements, a hugely talented and passionate group of co-workers, and the opportunity to change a global industry.
We’re a young company that’s growing fast and doing first-class and we’re looking for the great people who want to be part of a great team.At times, travel may be required, however it will not be significant.
If you're interested in this role please share your details and CV via the form and we will be in touch within a few days. We really value your time and look forward to discussing the opportunity further.
If you have any queries , please reach out directly to: Geraldine Nankervis, email@example.com