Software Engineer (Data/GIS)
Permanent / Full Time / Colorado or California Based
Render’s singular focus is best summarised by our mission; continuously innovate and evolve technology to Build Networks Better.
Render’s digital construction management platform enables telecommunication network operators and construction teams to digitize the construction workflow and significantly reduce the time and cost of large-scale fibre deployment.
With over $30B in annual US network infrastructure investment expected to continue for the next decade, the need for technology enabled efficiency and streamlined construction approaches is absolute. As a result, Render's market-leading platform is experiencing rapid adoption and we are looking for exceptional tech talent to join the team as we build the platform and to contribute to our high-growth journey.
Beyond our work, our values shape everything that we do at Render and we can’t understate how central these six statements are to our culture. Our team not only have a genuine passion for innovating the network construction sector, but live and breathe our values:
- Innovate for impact
- Love what you build
- Back yourself to win
- Be the customer outcome
- Stay open
- Embrace the larrikin
The role you will play:
As part of our offering, Render Networks provides our clients with our own custom GIS-centric web and tablet applications. GIS-centric data services are also a key part of our offering. Our work includes importing / exporting from / to a variety of GIS data formats and other data sources, creating reports and data mining. Maintaining and creating new automation software is a vital component of our roadmap and we’re looking for a Software Engineer with Python/GIS experience and a love for data to join the team and support our US customer base in-market with technical solutions and requirements.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Perform Python programming to develop software for Geographic Information Systems (GIS) applications, including the maintenance of existing systems or research and development for future enhancements.
- Write and automate test cases so you know our code is happy & healthy when change happens
- Support and learn about customer journeys, user experience and interaction design
- Work with customers and colleagues on requirements gathering and business analysis
- Develop, test, maintain and support applications (internal and external)
- Manage tasks to successful completion within timelines
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Strong programming skills in Python. You’re an experienced software engineer with an interest in solutions engineering and development
- A Bachelor Degree in Computer Science
- Experience in relational databases and SQL queries, along with ORMs and NoSQL concepts
- Exposure to and understanding of the “full stack” of web app development (front and back-end)
- Experience in AWS systems and development (e.g. EC2’s, Lambdas, serverless offerings)
- Experience in geospatial data concepts, formats and tools
What's on offer:
Render is a young company that’s growing fast in the US network construction industry with global ambitions on the horizon. You’ll work with great people, innovative technologies and know that you’re part of a broader vision to connect communities globally at a time when it’s never been more important.
How to apply:
If you're interested in this opportunity, please share your details and CV via the form and we will be in touch to discuss your application.
If you have any queries, please reach out to us at email@example.com