Front End Developer
12 Month Contract / Melbourne Based
Render’s singular focus is best summarised by our mission; continuously innovate and evolve technology to Build Networks Better.
Render’s digital construction management platform enables telecommunication network operators and construction teams to digitize the construction workflow and significantly reduce the time and cost of large-scale fibre deployment.
With over $30B in annual US network infrastructure investment expected to continue for the next decade, the need for technology enabled efficiency and streamlined construction approaches is absolute. As a result, Render's market-leading platform is experiencing rapid adoption and we are looking for exceptional tech talent to join the team as we build the platform and to contribute to our high-growth journey.
Beyond our work, our values shape everything that we do at Render and we can’t understate how central these six statements are to our culture. Our team not only have a genuine passion for innovating the network construction sector, but live and breathe our values:
- Innovate for impact
- Love what you build
- Back yourself to win
- Be the customer outcome
- Stay open
- Embrace the larrikin
The role you will play:
As we build our platform, we’re looking for an experienced Front End Developer to join the team on a 12-month Fixed Term contract to set up development frameworks and create a world class product for our customers.
As a foundational member of the Development team, you’ll be responsible for implementing development processes that will allow us to scale, innovate for impact and create a world class product for our customers.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Using your knowledge and passion for applying the latest technologies to drive Render’s innovation
- Working with customers and colleagues on requirements gathering and business analysis
- Developing, testing, maintaining and supporting applications
- Supporting and learning about customer journeys, user experience and interaction design
- Managing tasks to successful completion within timelines
- Working effectively both autonomously and in a project team
- Working with the Chief Technology Officer and Principal Full Stack Developer to evolve Render’s software engineering practices and champion development initiatives
Our ideal candidate:
- Ability to translate wireframes and customer journeys into working code
- Thrives working in a scaling fast-growth and innovative environment where you are involved in the platform build phase.
- Is experienced in development for a SaaS or cloud-based solutions
- Is experienced in AWS architectures and offerings
- Can work with customers and colleagues on requirements gathering and business process analysis to deliver new capabilities and features
- Is experienced in relational databases and SQL queries, along with a familiarity in ORM and NoSQL concepts
- Experience with the Scrum framework, story points, sprint goals and daily standups
- Experience in test driven development preferred
- Experience with mobile development in iOS desirable but not a must have
- Has completed a Bachelor in Computer Science
- Strong understanding of current and bleeding-edge technologies with a keen interest in deploying them into Render where they can give us a commercial edge.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- A “can do” attitude
What's on offer:
Render is building a business that Australia can be proud of. We’re a young company that’s growing fast in the US network construction industry and have global ambitions on the horizon. You’ll work with great people, innovative technologies and know that you’re part of a broader vision to connect communities globally in a time when it’s never been more important.
How to apply:
If you're interested in this opportunity, please share your details and CV via the form and we will be in touch to discuss your application.
If you have any queries, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org